Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hey Guys,

It's been a few days since I have updated, Friday was a seemingly uneventful day with Parker, but remember we like them :) However it was not uneventful with me and Landon. I had 2 appts with my doctors on Friday. The first was with my OBGYN and after that appt we went to get into the car to go to the second one and the car would not crank. Well those of you who know Landon know that he has this fascination or obsession as I like to call it with huge old cars, preferably Cadiallacs. Well we were in his hideous 95 Cadillac Sedan Deville and as we were trying to leave the parking lot the junker of a car somehow thought we were trying to steal it and the anti-theft system activated and would not let us start it. Well after trying to start it over and over we ended up having to call Landon's mom to come drive to Nashville and bring his tools, and the extra keys to try to fix it. Well in the meantime we had to walk from that doctor's office to my other doctor's office, then back to our apartment. It was not fun. Well Kathy finally got there and Landon fixed the car and all was well. Landon talked me into agreeing to going home on Saturday for one night and sleeping in our own bed, I reluctantly agreed. The nurses thought it would be good for us to just have a change of scenery, and we both are missing our bed, our dogs, and our house so very much. So we decided for Kathy to just spend the night and we would ride back home with her and then drive my car back to Nashville so I would have my car up here in case of car trouble again, also b/c Landon will be going back to work before too long and I will need my car anyway. On Saturday morning we got up and went to the nicu and they had turned Parker's liters down again, it was on 2 now. Well the Dr. had told us she wasn't going to do that again until like Monday since turning it to 3 was a rough day. Obviously she changed her mind. Well he did not do well on that at all. He started requiring more oxygen and then more and more. And then when I had just about decided that I was not going anywhere, especially 2 hours away back home, the Dr. decided that he just simply wasn't ready to be turned down more yet, and she turned him back up to 3. Once we seen that he was stable and doing well again, we started home. When we got to the house, we thought our dogs were going to die of excitement, I'm sure they were starting to think we were dead. They just ran and barked and jumped. It was a good reunion! It was also so nice to just be home. We left right out and went to a family cook-out at my Aunt and Uncles house and had a really good time spending time with them. Then we left there and went to our friends Jeff and Nicole's house to see them a while. It was good to see everyone. Then we got home about midnight, and had the best night of sleep we had had in forever. I didn't realize how much I missed my own bed....it was wonderful! Sunday morning, I called to check on my boy, and they assured me he was great, and to stop worrying. After that we were off to eat lunch at Landon's Mama Lucy's house, we had a huge lunch with all kinds of good veggies from the garden and a ham. It was soooo good. Then his other grandmother wanted to see us too, so we went to her house. She had crocheted us a blue baby blanket and got Parker an outfit, it was so sweet. Crocheted blankets are so sentimental, b/c Parker will get to enjoy that for a very long time. After we left from there we drove back to Nashville. I could not wait to see my baby. The day we left I just cried I was so nervous about leaving him. But going home was very good for the both of us. And I know he is in the very best of hands. Tonight when we went back to visit, they told us that he now weights 2lbs!!!! So we have hit a milestone, we are halfway there!!!! YAY! Parker!! We are so very thankful that he is doing good. God is good. Thanks everyone for the prayers, and please keep them coming, we still have a long way to go before going home.
Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment