Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hi, Crystal here, today has been a good day. Parker looks so much better, they increased his breast milk to 10cc every 3 hours, and so far he is tolerating his feedings. They also turned his vapotherm down to 4 liters, this is the machine they put him on after they removed the ventilator, it just provides continual airflow in case he needs it. He has been very awake and alert today, he just looks around like he's curious about what in the world has been done to him this week :) The only problem we had today is that he is still somewhat puffy from too much fluid. They gave him some lasix, which is to help him pee some of that off hopefully. He is still having some crying spells every so often, but seems to get happy again pretty quick. Dr. Papp seemed very positive so that made us feel better. He will continue on antibiotics for the next 2 weeks, the second blood culture and spinal fluid culture still has not shown any growth so that is good, that means that they are pretty sure the infection is gone, but he will remain on the antibiotics just to be sure there isn't some bacteria hiding somewhere in his body. I tell you, this week has been so so horrible, it is so wonderful to finally be hearing some good news. This week I have definately questioned my sanity. I told Landon that I felt crazy, like I just wanted to start screaming, and crash into another car like Kathy Bates in Fried Green Tomatoes.....and I meant it :) I am feeling much more sane now, but I really had about all I could stand. It is so hard seeing this little person you love so much go through all this horrible stuff. But yesterday when we got to go back and see him after they took the vent out, he looked like my sweet baby again, just laying there looking around, it was wonderful. Landon is probably going back to work on Thursday, granted Parker is still doing ok. So pray that I can make it without him, I rely on him soooo much. But also pray that Parker continues to do well, b/c we really need him to go back to work. Well we are about to go back for the 8pm visiting so I will go now, but I will update as things change. Thanks to everyone for all you have done, please keep praying for us.

2 comments:

  1. Such good news...I'm sure everyday you'll see more improvement! God is Good and prayer is amazing! Hang in there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear things are looking somewhat better. Prayers continued.

    ReplyDelete