Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Not many changes today, Parker is still about the same. He did have a few more seizures today, and one was really bad where he dropped his heart rate and his oxygen saturation. He has been very very irritable and touchy today. Landon and I had to take turns just sitting there touching him, b/c every time we let go he would start crying and get all upset again. I would keep my hands on him until my arms started falling asleep and then Landon would take over until his fell asleep and so on and so on. He's in an incubator so we only have these small portal holes to put our hand in so it's difficult when you have your arm in there for an extended period of time. It's strange how he seems to know we are his parents, and how he wants us constantly touching him or he gets upset. It's so nice to able to do something for him though. It's hard for any mother I'm sure, but it's especially hard for me, b/c number one...I'm a nurse, and number two...I'm a control freak(yes I'll admit it), and I have absolutely no control over anything in this situation. I just have this overwhelming feeling to just "fix" him or "make it better", but I can't. And it's just so hard watching all of this and not being able to do anything about it. It's like being in a straight jacket!! But all I can do it pray, and boy have I been doing a lot of that. Parker also looked a little pale today, I presume he will probably need some more blood in the next day or so. Tomorrow they will be doing another head ultrasound and also a test called an EEG, it measures electrical activity in the brain, so they will know for sure if these "spells" he is having are seizures. Kathy(my mother in law) came back up here tonight, she is going to stay with us for a while. She just feels more worried and anxious at home so she decided just to come on back and stay. Landon will be soon going back to work so that is good b/c I'm not going to be able to ride out this storm by myself I'm afraid. She also helps to take care of things that we can't because we are in the nicu all day and half the night. We left the nicu early tonight. Rachel his primary nurse had him all comfortable and lights out when we got there, she wanted us to whisper and just let him rest, so we very much agreed and just left him be b/c he had had such a rough day, so we peeked in on him briefly, told him we loved him and came on back to just let him rest. He needs lots of rest right now so he can fight this stuff. They also found out for sure what infection it is, it is called Alpha Streptococcus, which doesn't mean much, they will continue to do what they are doing. Please keep on praying, we need lots and lots of it. Thanks everyone for all the emails, calls, texts, messages on facebook etc. I'm so sorry that I can't respond all the time. There are so many people contacting us and we so very much appreciate it, but I just can't physically respond to everyone. I do however read all of it, and it really does give us hope and encouragement and helps so much. So keep it coming, I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But we do appreciate all everyone is doing. Well that is pretty much our day today. I'll update as I know more and have some time. Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry that you aren't able to do anything. You have the most important job of all...You are praying! We are all praying! Never, ever underestimate the power of prayer! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweet Girl! I am praying for you, Landon, AND PARKER! He is beautiful, please know that you guys are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete