Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hey Guys,
With a relieved and thankful heart I write my blog tonight b/c we have had yet another wonderful day full of good results and news. On Parker's ventilator settings his rate(which is how many breaths the machine gives him per minute) was 25 yesterday, they turned it down to 20, where it has been all day, then at 6 tonight, his blood gases looked so good, the decreased it to 15, so now the plan is when the rate gets down to 10 and he is tolerating it okay, and his blood gases still look good then they will take him off the ventilator. This is great news and I want him to be breathing on his own, but when they told me this I got so sick to my stomach, EVERYTHING makes me so nervous, I have been around children my whole life and taken care of a million of them and I have never been such a nervous goat....But now that it's my child I'm a wreck lol :) Oh well I guess I better get used to it, considering when your child is born is when the worrying starts and it never stops so I'm told. Anyway, he had a few periods today where his heart rate dropped, but it would come right back up. They assured us this is normal, they call them "spells" and say it's b/c a preemie's nervous system isn't yet fully developed and it will eventually stop. Keep the prayers coming nonstop please. We still need them. I will update again tomorrow.
Thanks everyone!

Oh yeah, I forgot....Landon changed his first diaper ever today!! It was sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment