Monday, August 31, 2009

Hey Guys,

Still good news here in Nashville, Parker is doing so good. He has gained 20 more grams, he's still 1lb. 10 oz. but he's at the higher end of that. He is tolerating his feeding better and digesting them more. Yesterday Landon and I learned infant massage, and Landon gave Parker his first one. He seemed to really enjoy it. I got to hold him again yesterday, it's so wonderful, but those 20 minutes seem to go by so fast and before I know it the nurse peeks in and says, OK it's time to put him back. But I know they are doing what is best for him, I could just hold him all day and never want to put him back :) After the morning visiting Landon and I went to Centennial Park, it's right next door to our apt. It is so beautiful, I really still didn't feel up to walking that much, but Landon insisted, he's about to go crazy in this apartment. About 5 times a day, he will say, so is this what people in apartments do? I just couldn't live in an apartment, I'd go crazy lol. It's so funny, I've lived in several apartments before so it's nothing new to me. So we walked all around the park, there is a huge pond in the middle of it and people were fishing, riding bikes, walking, running, taking pictures, you name it. They had this flower garden we went to and it smelled so good and was so pretty. By this time I had forgotten how I didn't want to walk and was really enjoying being outside, and just spending some time with Landon. After the park, we went to Nashville's version of the Parthenon and took a tour. It was very interesting. After that we went back for the afternoon visiting in the nicu and I got to hold then. When we left there we had big plans to come to the apt and cook dinner, but instead opted for pizza and just picked it up, I have not cooked in over a month, and it's so strange, b/c I'm use to cooking every night. I actually miss it. After that Landon and the nurse I spoke with talked me into instead of going back at 8pm for visiting to just stay in tonight and rest. I did not want to but did agree to it. It was hard and a handful of times last night started to just go to the nicu and peek on him a min. But I called and Rachel assured me she was taking good care of him and for me to go to sleep. So we watched tv and then went on to bed. It was nice to get some rest even if I did miss him like crazy. Well this morning I have another appt with the Dr. then we will be back at the nicu. I spoke with the nurse this morning and things were going very well. We are so thankful for all this progress he is making. We just can't wait to take him home. I will update again soon. Thanks to everyone who continues to pray, keep it up!! We need it still.
Bye Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal, If you get some time and want to go shopping I loved going to the Burlington Coat place it has a baby depot in it. It is 10 minutes from your apt. at the 100 Oaks mall. On 65 south get off at Armory and you'll see it! cool store that has a good selection of preemie stuff! We're still praying for Parker and are glad he is doing so well. Zane had an amazing occupational therapist in the NICU that taught them massage. Ned and Kelly still massage Zane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal, Kathy called and told me its been a rough few days. She told me to read the blog. I've just done that. I've kept Parker in my prayers as well as ya'll. I know its very difficult when you yourself can't do much to help. That little fellow knows hes loved by many. Babies feel love. I was working with Kathy when Landon was born. Now here he is with his own baby! Judy

    ReplyDelete