Monday, August 24, 2009

Trip to the ER

Today has been another eventful, but wonderful day. We started off today with an appointment with my hematologist. We got and made our morning phone call to the nicu to check on how Parker did throughout the night. They said he had a real good night, so we started getting ready for the appt. I put on my pants and walked to the bathroom to pull my hair up, about a second later I started feeling something very hot in my pants...I was standing in front of the mirror and I just pulled the top of my pants down a little and there was blood everywhere, not only was it everywhere but I could see it still steadily trickling out from my incision. So needless to say we didn't make our appt instead we ended up in the emergency room this morning. Apparently when putting on my pants I pulled something and tore my incision open some. It was just a tiny tear but with me being on blood thinner it gave the impression of a huge tear and about scared me to death. All I could think is "No No No I do not have time for this, I have a baby in the nicu!!" But the er doc said it was ok once the bleeding stopped and he sent us on our way and told me I have been doing too much and I needed to take it easy. Easy for him to say is what I thought. Anyway, I have tried to rest more today, only I was having withdrawls b/c it was 2pm before I got to finally see my sweet boy today. Landon's mother, dad, and grandmother Dean came to visit today and we had a good visit with them. But as far as Parker is concerned he had another great day, they have turned his high flow nasal cannula down from 5 liters to 4 liters, and his oxygen when we left tonight was down to 24% (and remember we breathe 21% room air) so that's not much. Tonight was so sweet with him, we didn't have any visitors tonight so Landon and I got a little alone time with him, he was resting so peacefully and every so often he would open his eyes, I had my hand on his head in what they call a containment hold(we have certain ways we can touch him so not to stimulate him too much b/c preemies just can't handle it yet) and I would just talk to him real soft and he was just looking at me so precious and he would just smile. It made my heart just melt. I could just sit and look at him all day and all night. He is just so beautiful. Anyway, just a quick update tonight. I am absolutely exhausted tonight. But I am so very thankful for the progress Parker has made. God is good! I have a sweet baby that is doing well, and the most wonderful husband anyone could ask for, he takes care of me! Please continue to keep us in your prayers. And thank you to all have been praying we appreciate it so much.
Goodnight
Crystal :)

Parker is 1 week old today!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Telling you to take it easy is a waste of time...I kept telling Kelly, "you've just had major surgery, most people are still in bed all day!" She never slowed down and would get upset because she couldn't keep up with me when we walked somewhere.... You'll be able to "kangaroo" with Parker soon and that will be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear Parker is doing so well. I'd seen the kangaroo hold on something on TV and I'm sure it is a wonderful bonding experience. Got you and the family in my prayers.

    Judy Wilkinson (worked forever with Kathy)
    jratwilk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete